1. The following are terms and rules of use of the Azrieli - College of Engineering Jerusalem Internet site (hereinafter: “use of the site”).
3. The use of the site is proposed to the user conditioned on acceptance of the terms, conditions and notices that are included in this document, as written and without any modification.
5. No contents from the Azrieli - College of Engineering Jerusalem site shall be presented in any form whatsoever – including through any software, device, accessory or communications protocol – that changes their design in the site or that removes any content whatsoever from them, and, in particular, advertisements and commercial content.
6. No contact or link shall be made to the Azrieli - College of Engineering Jerusalem site from any site which includes pornographic content, content that encourages racism or inappropriate discrimination or that is unlawful, or which publication is unlawful or that encourages unlawful activity.
7. Surfing on certain parts of the site as well as the uploading of particular contents and files to the site are restricted to college staff personnel and students registered at the College exclusively.
9. The College reserves the right to close the site and to modify its structure, design, and contents without prior notification.
Prohibition of publication of offensive content
11. The College gives great importance to the protection of the freedom of expression of the users of the site and therefore applications have been integrated into the site that enable various users to upload various contents and files to the site.
12. The user of the site undertakes that, in the framework of this freedom of expression, he will not act in contravention of any law and/or in a manner that will be construed as harming any third party whatsoever.
Without derogating from the aforesaid, the user undertakes not to publish the following contents (these contents are to be termed hereinafter: “offensive content”):
- Content which might infringe and/or breach proprietary or other rights of third parties including copyrights (a defined exclusive cluster of rights intended to enable the owner of rights to prevent unauthorized use of his creation without his permission), commercial trademarks as well as intellectual property rights;
- Pornographic content and/or content having blatant sexual character;
- Content that is libelous toward any person and/or corporation;
- Content infringing a person’s privacy;
- Content which publication is prohibited by law;
- Content having a commercial and/or promotional character;
- Content which you know to be false, deceptive or distorted;
- Any content relating to minors and identifies them, their personal details or their addresses and means of contacting them;
- Any computer software, computer code or application which includes viruses, including hostile software known to be Trojan horses, worms, vandals, malicious applications etc.;
- Passwords, user names and other details enabling the use of computer software, digital files, Internet sites or services which require registration or payment, without such payment or registration;
- Any content which identifies other people personally without their consent to the publication of their identity;
- Any content having a harassing, insulting, hostile, threatening or rude character;
- Any content that has or that encourages, racism or inappropriate discrimination on the basis of race, origin, skin color, creed, nationality, religion, gender, occupation, sexual orientation, illness, physical or mental disability, faith, political view or socioeconomic status;
- Any content that encourages the execution of a criminal offence or may constitute the basis for a civil claim or liability;
Right of the College to restrict content and modifications
13. Without derogating from the aforesaid, the College reserves the right to restrict the content uploaded by users to the site in order to prevent the publication of offensive content as defined above.
14. The user is aware that the College is entitled to at its own discretion and without giving prior notice, edit and/or amend and/or rewrite and/or delete and/or prevent publication in regard to any content and/or information uploaded to the site by the user , including in a forum of web surfers, if such publication of content includes publication of offensive content and/or if the College believes that the publication of such content is incompatible with the contents of the site.
Limitation of the College’s liability
15. The College is not responsible for contents uploaded to the site by users of the site, including content that appears in the site surfers forum, and shall not bear any liability related to these contents. The College will not bear any liability in regard to any information related to and/or deriving from links (banners or URL’s) located on the site.
16. The College is not responsible for any modification and/or correction and/or deletion and/or damage of any type whatsoever made to any message written and/or sent to the surfers’ forum.
17. The contents published by the various users of the site, including students of the College or its Staff, do not express the position of the College.
18. If a user encounters contents in the framework of his surfing on the site which he feels infringe rights granted to him by law, he is requested to appeal to the College by e-mail to: email@example.com or by fax to: 972-2-6588001 with a full detailing so that his claims may be fully investigated.
19. Content delivered by the user for publication on the site will be exposed to all Internet users. The College shall not bear any liability related to the possible results of the publication of these contents by the user. The user undertakes to indemnify the College for any damage and/or expense caused to it as a result of the publication of content uploaded to the site by the user.
20. The user is aware and agrees that any material and/or information downloaded or obtained in any way through use of the site, is done so under his sole responsibility and he is solely responsible for any damage caused to his computer system or for loss of any information deriving from downloading such material/information.
21. The College shall act to secure content uploaded by the user to the site. However, the College shall not bear any liability for erasure or failure to store, receive, send or timing of content uploaded by the user to the site. The College shall not bear any liability toward the user and/or anyone acting on his behalf with respect to unauthorized intrusions and/or unauthorized usage by third parties in regard to content uploaded in the framework of the site.
Declaration of privacy
22. The College shall act in accordance with the provisions of the Protection of Privacy Act, 5741-1981 with respect to personal details of the user and his ongoing use of the site. However, the user authorizes the College to make use of such information and to publish it if the contents that he uploaded to the site are illegal, the details of the user and/or the contents he uploaded to the site are related to and/or concern legal proceedings of a competent authority and/or any third party whatsoever and/or if the exposure of these contents and details are required for the purpose of preserving the legitimate interests of the College and/or of any third party whatsoever.
23. By uploading content to the site for publication , the user grants the College the right, without any compensation on its part, to present, publish and copy information uploaded by him to the site, at its sole discretion.
24. All copyright and intellectual property rights of any type related to any publication, content, design, application, file, software and any other material published on the site, shall be the sole property of the College or of a third party to who authorized the College to use them.
Copying, distribution, public presentation, transmittal to a third party, modification, editing, creating of derivative creations, sale, rental, or making any use, whether commercial or non-commercial, in any of the aforesaid, by any means or methods, whether electronic, mechanical, optical, by photocopying or recording, or by any other means or methods, shall not be performed without receiving the explicit consent of the College. Nothing in the aforesaid shall be construed as infringing the rights of third parties publishing content on the site with the consent of the College.
25. In transmitting content for publication, the user grants the College a free, global license, unlimited by time, to copy, duplicate, distribute, deliver to the public, edit, process, translate and use such contents by any other means, at its sole discretion, at this site and in other media, including other Internet sites on digital archives.